Friday, March 26, 2021
Cheer Zoom Parent Meeting
April 21st at 6:30pm https://zoom.us/j/96771271438?pwd=U1A1K2xOU1Y0OUlENjJZM1hac2cvZz09
Cheer Tryouts/Clinics ~ Learwood Middle School Gym
Cheer Clinics May 10th, May 11th, May 13th ~ 3:30pm to 5:30 pm
Cheer Tryouts May 15th 9am
Monday, March 15, 2021
Topic: Troy PTA
Time: Mar 16, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 758 8251 5131
Friday, March 12, 2021
Monday, March 8, 2021
State testing is just an opportunity for us to check and see where our kids are during their K-12 journey through Avon Lake City Schools. We do not ever want to put undue stress on our students to perform. Mr. Scott, Dr. Dibee, Dr. Cocco, and I stress to our teachers that Avon Lake City Schools do not teach to the test and instead provide excellent instruction above and beyond the minimum expectancy. If we have done our job and have helped each child achieve their highest potential, test results will take care of themselves. We do not need to stress our children out the days before the test because our year-long efforts have prepared them to succeed. I only ask that the students give their best effort, come to school fed and well-rested, and everything else will take care of itself. Here is what you can do to help.
1) Make sure your child has a good night's sleep. This piece of advice is for your child’s Chromebook too. Please make sure it is fully charged if you take your device back and forth from school.
2) Encourage your child to do their best, but assure them that their best will do!
3) Feed your child a good breakfast
4) Hugs are good. Everyone likes a hug.
5) OPTIONAL: Send in a pair of earbuds or headphones - for specific test questions, they will have the option to listen to a computerized voice read the selection.
6) Tell them that you love them and that they are prepared
7) Get them to school on time - the bus is the best! We do not want anyone to feel rushed. Tests begin as early as 8:00 am.
8) Please send all communication through the office. The teachers' computers will be locked into the test portal, and the student's devices will not be allowed to be accessed.
9) Feel free to ask questions about how the test went, but do not encourage second-guessing. What is done is done and we want confident kids moving forward.
All testing will be done in the morning for all in-person students. Online students will receive a separate email from Dr. Cocco. The daily schedule for remote students will differ, but the dates will be the same. We will have to adjust the order of the classes on some days. Make-up days will occur as soon as possible after the original testing date. Please email me if you have any questions.
Tuesday, March 30th - ELA Part 1
Wednesday, March 31st - ELA Part 2
Thursday, April 22nd - Math Parts 1 & 2
Wednesday, April 28th - Science Parts 1 & 2 (5th grade only)
Monday, January 25, 2021
Topic: Troy PTA Meeting
Time: Jan 26, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 417 724 6917
Thursday, January 7, 2021
Remote Learning Students may come to the school to have their picture taken between 2:45-4:30 on Friday, January 22nd. Enter through the southern set of glass doors facing our parking lot. Please wear masks and maintain social distance. Follow the signs to the gym.
In-person students will have their pictures taken between the hours of 11:00-2:00 on Friday, January 22nd.